ENTRY REQUIREMENTS AND VISA INFORMATION FOR GHANA
All persons entering Ghana must be in possession of a valid passport or travel document establishing the identity of the holder. Entry may be refused on a passport that is due to expire within six months of your departure date.
Please check visa requirements at www.ghanaimmigration.org/visa_info.html
Visas are required by all except nationals of ECOWAS countries, Kenya, Tanzania and Singapore. (ECOWAS countries are: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Côte d’Ivoire, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo).
Participants who require visas to enter Ghana should do so from the respective Ghanaian Consulates abroad. When applying for visa, please make sure you have all the documentation you require to travel to Ghana.
APPLICANTS FOR A GHANA ENTRY VISA MUST BE IN POSSESSION OF THE FOLLOWING:
- A valid passport with expiry date of at least six (6) months from the date
- Application Forms (In quadruplicate) fully completed in BLOCK CAPITALS
- Four (4) recent passport-sized photographs
- An International Certificate of Vaccination for Yellow Fever
- A return ticket or flight confirmation from a travel agency
- An invitation letter from invitee with a copy of a photo ID
If you are applying for a visa at the Ghana diplomatic mission abroad, you can quote the following references:
- Prof. Dzodzi Tsikata, Director, Institute of African Studies, University of Ghana, Legon. P. O. Box LG 73, Legon, Accra, Ghana. Telephone: +233 (0)303 937213 / 459 / 460. Email: email@example.com
- Judith Opoku-Boateng, Archivist, Institute of African Studies, University of Ghana, P. O. Box LG 73, Legon. Telephone:: +233 202 674 435 or +233 243 104 982. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
VISA ON ARRIVAL
African nationals and members of the African Union can obtain a "visa on arrival" at the entry point including Accra Airport upon payment of the visa on arrival fee of US$150 to the Ghana Immigration Service and will be receipted.
For countries without Ghana High Commissions, Embassies and Consulates, the Institute of African Studies, University of Ghana, Legon can apply for a visa on arrival on your behalf. The single entry visa fee is US$150 to be paid at the point of entry to the Ghana Immigration Service on arrival and it will be receipted. Visa on arrival applicants will need the approval letter from the Ghana Immigration Service before they can travel and it takes time for this to be issued.
Participants who wish for entry visas to be applied on their behalf should provide a copy of their scanned passport biodata page and the page which has the passport picture. (That is, if the picture is not on the biodata page). This should be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The following information should be emailed:
FULL NAME (MARK SURNAME AS BOLD):
DATE OF BIRTH:
PLACE OF BIRTH:
DATE PASSPORT ISSUED:
EXPIRY DATE OF PASSPORT:
DATE AND TIME OF ARRIVAL:
AIRLINE AND FLIGHT NUMBER:
DATE AND TIME OF DEPARTURE FROM GHANA:
AIRLINE AND FLIGHT NUMBER: